Well done to our Junior Handlers :
Bull Terriers: Judge Dinu Catilina (Dofro)
Best of Breed and Best in Show : Bluepoint Sea Breeze at Dotannebull
Miniature Bull Terriers: Judge Annabelle Twyman (Laronbelle)
Best of Breed and Best Puppy in Breed and Best Opposite Sex in Show : Javarke Wee Wild Fire at Grandopera
Miller Memorial Trophy : Judge Kim Whittaker (Wengormick)
WINNER OF THE MILLER MEMORIAL TROPHY (Best Exhibit) AND HESKETH CUP (Best Bitch)
Teirwgwyn Voodoo Doll
WINNER OF THE ORMAND PLATE (Best Dog) AND BULLYVIEW GENTLE BREEZE CUP (Best Condition)
Tilleah Jesse James at Dotannebull
Bull Terrier Critique: Judge Dinu Catilina (Dofro)
1st Puppy Dog, BP, RBOB, RBIS, BPIS
Beckinsale's Dazlin the Dominator at Cywbullys
2nd Puppy Dog
Bradley's Olliebrad Supersonic
1ST Murphy's Chavez Diabelskie A Widgets Bull at Katroyden Lakonga
2nd Kerr and Brett's Diton Deal or No Deal
POST GRADUATE DOG
1ST Dodd and Rowlands' Bluepoint Patchogue
2nd Bakewell's Bullyview Dressed to Impress
1st Scott and Sutcliffe's Tilleah Jessee James at Dotannebull
1. White male with head markings. Well balanced dog with a well turned and filled head and an excellent expression. Correct mouth. Good shoulders with very good forechest, straight front and a short back. Good tail set. Moved parallel both ways
2nd Brown's Coolbulls Kingston 3rd Hackett's Spartiate Picasso
Town at Krawen
1st RBB and Best Col, West and Jones' Denerian Dragons
Queen at Groundworx
2nd Johnson's Javarke Joie De Vivre 3rd Villensia's Badlesmere
Blaspheme at Villensia
1st, BOB and BIS Scott and Sutcliffe's Bluepoint Sea Breeze at Dotannebull
2nd Brown's Krawen 3rd Richmond Brough's Res Murphy's O'K Honey
Sugar Dumpling Topfuel Rose Gold Katroyden Lakonga
1st Roberts' Teirwgwyn Scream Queen
2nd Murphy's Bona Katroyden Lakonga
POST GRADUATE BITCH
1st Dodd and Rowlands' Teirwgwyn Voodoo Doll
2nd Beckinsale's Dazlin Classy Lady
1st Airey and Johnstone's Rabram Rebellious Rose
Miniature Bull Terrier Critique: Judge Annabelle Twyman (Laronbelle)
1st, BPIB BOB BOS in Show Clark's Javarke Wee Wild Fire at Grandopera
2nd Slojewska's Banana 3rd Raynor's Ginger MBT Res Malchanava's Shacals
Pralinka Chucho Topline from Enamorada Seven Wonder
1st OB Clark's Pixar of Slanting Shore at Grandopera
2nd OB Johnson's Martial Breed Hotlikehell at Javarke
3rd OB Aiko Perly 2 Pelag ll
CHALLENGE FOR BEST OF BREED
Javarke Wee Wild Fire at Grandopera Pixar Slanting Shore at Grandopera
I will start with thanking the Northern Provincial Bull Terrier Club for putting up such a great show again. The atmosphere was excellent and all the exhibited dogs were in excellent condition. I was very pleased that the two puppy males were of the heavier type which is less often seen these days. Judging the BIS together with Annabelle Twyman (Laronbelle) was the cherry on the cake, we agreed and disagreed at the same time but dog showing would be so boring if we all judged the same way. Thank you to all the exhibitors for supporting us on the day and thank you to our ring steward who did a grand job.
1. Upstading white male with excellent bone and substance. His head is strong and filled with an excellent expression and excellent ear placement. Excellent shoulders, straight parallel front, short back finished with a correct low tail set. His movement was difficult to assess on the day but he is a very young male that needs time to settle. What I liked most about him was his overall balance and squareness.
2. Very powerful brindle and white puppy oozing bone and substance. His head is wide, well filled and with excellent depth. Correct mouth, good shoulders, straight front with quality round bone and superb feet. Moved very well both ways.
1. Upstanding tricolour male, full of himself on the day. His head is well turned and filled with a correct mouth. Correct shoulders and a short back with tail set a bit high. Well angulated rear. Excellent feet. Moved well on rear but a bit restricted in elbows when coming.
2. White terrier type male, well balanced. Well turned head with correct mouth. Straight front, short back, good tail set, well angulated rear. Moved ok both ways.
2. White male with extremely pleasant temperament.Long head, well turned and filled with excellent ear placement. His mouth is correct with excellent big and well locked teeth. Decent shoulders, moderate length of back and a very good rear. Excellent tail set.
1. Red and white dog with a very good head, turned and filled with excellent ear placement. Correct mouth. Front is straight with excellent bone. Correct shoulders, moderate length of back, well angulated rear. Moved very well both ways with excellent reach.
2. Black brindle and white male with excellent make and shape and very well balanced. Head is well turned with level bite. Excellent shoulder placement, short back and excellent tail set. Straight front, excellent feet.Moved with drive both ways.
1. Red and white female, short and cobby with excellent substance even though she is not a big girl. Outstanding head, powerful, turned, filled with excellent depth. Very good ear placement. Perfect mouth. Short back, well angulated rear, correct front. Feet a bit untidy.Moved better coming than going.
2. Black brindle and white female with an excellent head, well turned and filled and a very good ear placement. Level bite with correct canines. Correct shoulders, moderate length of back with a slightly soft topline. Straight front, good feet, moved very well both ways.
1. White classy bitch with a beautiful well balanced head. Smooth profile, excellent fill under the eye, excellent expression with small well set eyes and well set ears. Correct shoulders, an excellent forechest, straight front, short back and excellent feet. Moved very well on front but a bit close behind. I love her type and her overall quality.
2. Very elegant correctly made bitch with a well turned head and a correct mouth. Correct shoulders, straight front, short back and a correct tail set. Good rear angulation. Excellent feet.Moved better coming than going.
1. Upstanding white bitch with a well turned head and correct mouth. Good shoulders, moderate length of back. Straight front with feet a bit untidy. Very lively on the day and difficult to assess movement.
2. Upstanding white female with a very well turned head. Good shoulder placement with a moderate length of back and good tail set. Straight front with good feet. Also difficult to assess movement, she was very excited on the day.
1. White female with an excellent head, well turned with a smooth profile and superb fill while still being feminine. Mouth is just off with correct canines. Good expression and well placed ears. Correct shoulders, moderate length of back, a good rear and well set tail. Excellent feet.Moved better coming than going.
2. White female with a well turned head and good fill under the eye. Straight front with excellent feet.A bit upright in shoulder which restricts the front movement. Short back with a well angulated rear.
1. Quality white female with a good head, well filled under the eye with a correct mouth and excellent ear placement. Correct shoulder placement,excellentforechest, straight parallel front, short back, well angulated rear and a very good tail set. Feet a bit untidy.Moved a bit close behind but with excellent drive.
I would like to thank the club and committee for inviting me to judge at there show and also the exhibitors who took the time to enter and come along on the day. Some lovely quality dogs to get my hands on! It was a lovely show with a very warm and welcoming atmosphere.
1. 8 month old Feminine Brindle and white bitch who loves the show ring. Long well filled head with ears placed well on top of head a keen expression along with a perfect mouth. Well placed shoulder leading in to a beautiful straight front and tight cat like feet. Enough bone for size, moved well both ways while holding her topline. Still a little maturing to do but happy to award her BOB and BPIB.
2. 14mth old Red and white bitch different type to 1st. Short well filled head with good mouth would benefit from a little more profile. Compact with enough bone moved better coming than going.
1. Compact Red and white bitch in firm condition who has a well filled head with ear on top good expression and correct mouth. Elegant neck leading to well placed shoulders and straight front with tidy feet. Plenty of substance and moved well both ways. RBOB
2. Black Brindle and white bitch with strong well filled head and beautiful finish. Correct mouth and lovely dark eye, she was not happy to use her ears today unfortunately. If firm condition and moved well both ways.
RBIS and BOS BLUEPOINT KITTIWAKE
BIS CH EMRED DIKRAM DEVILS BREW
Many thanks to the Committee for the kind invitation, to exhibitors for their continued support, particularly as I understand that this is the highest entry of the year, so far and to my excellent ring stewards. There was depth of quality throughout the lower classes with many good prospects for the future emerging. In an entry of such strength and quality, the winners could be justly proud of their achievements. It did mean, however, that some otherwise top class animals went away empty handed. Many know that I am not a mouth fanatic but in a class of 7 bitches, where 6 have mouth faults to varying degrees, it does raise some concern. I had no concerns whatsoever on the general health of any of the exhibits in the show.
PUPPY DOG (1)
Lewis’s Heavy Metal Thunder, white with coloured ear, approaching 8mths, a stylish boy with well turned head, keen expression, good depth of muzzle, scissor bite, full of himself and so he should be, short back, well boned and well angulated at the rear. Moved like an exuberant puppy should – all over the place but settled down in the challenge to take BPIS.
JUNIOR DOG (6, 2 abs)
1. Hall’s Bobuddy Warhammer at Cwmdulais, an eye catching quality all white, just out of puppy, sweeping turn to head, good fill and width to muzzle, topped off with scissor bite, clean forehand with straight front, good bone and tight feet, good shoulder, short back but sometimes tends to overstretch giving the opposite impression, well muscled quarters, though moved a little close behind;
NOVICE DOG (2, 1 abs)
Littlefair’s Dikram Devils Deal, Lucifer dealt a good hand with this one, an upstanding white with coloured ear, 19mths, sweeping profile, good fill and finish, level bite, long neck into decent shoulder, short back and strong quarters, well boned, straight front though tends to turn his feet out a little, moved pretty well both ways.
2. Thomas’s Mostahbull Both Barrels, certainly a gunbarrel front and gleaming black coat on this 17mths tricolour, strong head with adequate turn, scissor bite, long strong neck into decent shoulder, heavy bone, deep brisket, short coupled, perhaps not the clean lines of the winner but very impressive, moved better coming than going;
3. Woodward’s Gorbain Hellborn, there is a lot to like about this upstanding white youngster, with red eye and ear marks, strong turned head with depth, width and fill, scissor bite, immense bone, straight front, neat feet, good shoulder into short back and strong loin, decent quarters, still a shade immature in both his mind and body, would not really settle to either show or move;
Res. Beckinsales’ Dazlin The Dominator at Cywbullys, cannot finish this class without a mention of this one, whom I first saw at the NPBTC April Show and thought he was a flyer but he has recently suffered a setback and I look forward to seeing him back at his best.
POST GRADUATE DOG (8, 2 abs)
1. Murphy’s Chavez Diabelskie A Widgets Bull at Katroyden Lakonga, powerful 15mths tri with well turned head, scissor bite, heavy bone, straight front but tends to turn feet out, reasonable shoulder, deep brisket, short coupled, strong quarters, tailset a little high, moved better going than coming, one to watch;
2. Brown’s Coolbulls Kingston Town at Krawen, upstanding well balanced bl/br approaching 3yrs, perhaps still a little narrow all through but has clean turned head, good eye, scissor bite, good shoulder into short back, straight front and neat feet, strong quarters but would benefit from a little more angulation, moved pretty well both ways;
3. Sheehy’s Afanbull Gorgeous George, typey short coupled white with coloured ears, well turned head with good fill and finish, topped off with scissor bite, good length of neck into short back, though shoulder placement could be a little better, strong quarters, well angulated at the rear but surprisingly moved close behind;
Res. Dodd’s Bluepoint Patchogue.
Vhc. Hall’s Ukusa Headstrong.
LIMIT DOG (9)
1. Hulme & Dodgson’s Bluepoint Sub Zero, mature 2 yr old white, strong turned head with plenty above the eye, deep and wide muzzle, scissor bite, strong neck into good shoulder, straight front and heavy bone, deep brisket, short back though perhaps a little over roached at the loin, strong quarters with adequate angulation, though handler needs to pay attention to his dogs rear stance to make the best of him, moved better coming than going;
2. Parkington’s Olliebrad Some Might Say, a true brindle just out of puppy, clean, gentle turned head, keen expression, good ear set and scissor bite, well balanced, good forehand, short and cobby, good quarters and moved pretty well both ways, needed more maturity and guns to take on the big boys here today but very promising;
3. Turpin’s Unionbulls Hot Diamond, this mature black brindle of 30mths is another that has a lot going for him with something to offer the right bitches, perhaps not the overall balance of the dog placed above but he has a well turned head, deep muzzle, keen expression good ear set, scissor bite, instanding canine, clean forehand, straight front and neat feet, well placed shoulder, short back and good quarters, moved better coming than going;
Res. Karta- Williams’ Moonflower Tumen of Karmara;
Vhc. Hackett’s Spartiate Picasso.
OPEN DOG (6, 1 abs)
MAIDEN DOG (1, abs)
1. Lamonby’s Ch Emred Dikram Devils Brew, white with ear marks, such a mature, quality well balanced dog, shouts look at me, shouts stud dog, strong head with good fill, turn and finish, keen expression and scissor bite, heavy bone, deep brisket, clean strong forehand, good shoulder into short back, well angulated at the rear and moved parallel both ways. Took the CC and BIS awards with something to spare;
2. Connolly & Gourley’s Rabram Real Deal for Bullfortis, where has this 5 yr old true brindle been hiding, would surely have been made up long ago, gentle profile to head but with good width to muzzle and scissor bite, keen expression and good ear set, well balanced with straight front, tight feet, deep brisket, clean shoulder leading to correct backline, nicely angulated at the rear and moved pretty well both ways, unfortunate to meet the winner, pleased to award him RCC and Best Coloured in Show;
3. Francisco and Lopez’s Garnata Alvejud Elton, well presented mature white upstanding terrier, caught my eye with his quality, balance and style, nicely turned head with good fill and scissor bite, keen expression, clean forehand and good shoulder, straight front, deep brisket, short back, well made quarters that drove him well;
Res. Paterson’s Golitha Generation X;
Vhc. Clansman Centurian Player.
PUPPY BITCH (4, 1 abs)
1. Kwieciak & Stybarr’s The Force Padme Amidala Canis Nefertiti, quality white with ear mark, beautiful clean turned head, good ear set, scissor bite, keen eye, decent shoulder, straight front with adequate bone and neat feet, nicely muscled and angulated at the rear, a shade long cast, moved pretty well both ways;
Apologies for lack of images of these young ladies.
2. Baxter’s Rightstuff Temptation, 9mths br/wh with nice turn and scissor bite, good ear set, decent shoulder, straight front and short back, makings of good quarters, took a while to settle but moved pretty well;
3. Kennedy’s Lady Dior, sweet immature 9mth tri, good turn to head, nice expression and scissor bite, reasonable shoulder into short back, hard to assess as she did not really want to show, moved her a few times to settle and she was pretty much parallel.
MAIDEN BITCH (1 abs)
NOVICE BITCH (4, 3 abs)
1. Kennedy’s Lady Dior, took the opportunity to give this little bitch a bit more attention, moved her again and she was pretty much parallel once she settled to the task.
1. Heath & Morris’s Bluepoint Kittiwake, quality well balanced 16mth white with monocle, well filled and turned head, good ear set, keen eye, all giving rise to correct expression, topped off with scissor bite, clean forehand, straight front, tight feet and adequate bone, long neck into decent shoulder, short back and strong loin, finished off with correct tailset, nicely angulated quarters and moved pretty well both ways, CC, BOS and RBIS;
JUNIOR BITCH (6, 3 abs)
2. West & Jones’ Denarian Dragons Queen at Groundworx, 15mths old attractive rich red/wh with well turned and filled head, good ear set and scissor bite, straight front, long neck into reasonable shoulder, short back and well made quarters, moved better going than coming, unfortunate to meet the winner. A beautiful bitch that I invited back to challenge for the RCC;
3. Kennedy’s Lady Dior.
POST GRADUATE BITCH (8, 1 abs)
1. Westwood’s Tulsadoom Ninka Nanka, 2yr old, white with eye patches, strong turned head, punishing expression, good ear set, undershot, a well balanced bitch with natural substance and heavy bone, good shoulder, straight front, short back and strong quarters, moved pretty much parallel both ways and took this class with ease;
2. Roughton’s La Perla Warbonnet, attractive 2yr old tri, well turned head, good ear set, a little kind in eye, incorrect bite, nice neck into reasonable shoulder, straight front, a shade long cast, strong quarters and correct tail set, moved close behind;
3. Sutcliffe’s Bluepoint Sea Breeze at Dotannebull, 2 yr old quality white that drifted late into the ring, well presented, sweeping long turned head, good depth to muzzle, incorrect bite, decent shoulder, adequate bone, straight front and neat feet, not as well balanced as the winner as she tends to stand a little high at the back end but her quarters are well angulated, moves better coming than going;
Res. Dodd’s Teirwgwyn Voodoo Doll;
Vhc. Brown’s Krawen Sugar Dumpling.
LIMIT BITCH (8, 2 abs)
1. Karta-Williams’ Kaiserbull’s Tough Love at Karmara, a big upstanding quality white and the breed needs these type of bitches, just over 3yrs, sweeping profile but would benefit from more width to muzzle and fill to balance, incorrect bite, good ear set, long neck into good shoulder and straight front, deep brisket, well balanced and short coupled enough for a big bitch, good rear angulation though moved better coming than going and her rear movement and mouth fault cost her in the challenge;
2. Kelly’s Serenbull Soul Angel, beautiful 2yr old clear red/wh, different type to the winner but really pressed hard, she has a well turned head with good fill and finish, keen expression and scissor bite, good shoulder, straight front, neat feet, short back, though perhaps a little long in the loin, well made quarters and moved pretty well both ways, just lacked the guns to take on the winner;
3. Hackett’s Spartiate Devils Vision, a really short coupled, well balanced 2 yr old tri, gentle turn to head which would benefit from a little more in profile and fill under the eyes but she does have a wicked expression, scissor bite and good ear set, reasonable shoulder, straight front and good tight feet, deep brisket, well made quarters, held her topline on the move and went pretty well both ways;
Res. Goodwin’s Extravaganza Mithguard;
Vhc. Richmond Brough’s Topfuel Rose Gold.
OPEN BITCH (11, 4 abs)
1. Blair’s Briden Chit Chat at Megaville, 30mth old quality, well balanced white, always on the go which on occasion detracts from her otherwise good balance as she sometimes stands with her rear legs too far forward in anticipation of the next jump, well turned head with good fill and finish, keen expression and scissor bite, good shoulder, straight front and tight feet, deep in the brisket and short coupled, decent quarters, moved pretty much parallel both ways, her rear movement and scissor bite were the deciding factors that gained her the RCC
2. Probert’s Llanwenarth’s Love Is All, beautiful well balanced white, just out of puppy, sweeping turn to well filled head which would benefit from a little more width of muzzle, good ear set, keen expression, undershot, long neck into good shoulder, straight front and neat feet, short back and well made quarters, moved pretty well both ways, not the maturity or guns to take on the big girls here today but should make her mark;
3. Francisco & Lopez’s Garnata Alvejud Estela, upstanding quality white with ear mark, well turned head, keen eye, scissor bite, decent shoulder, straight front, good brisket, well made quarters, moved close behind;
Res. Dennison’s Ukusa Coronation;
Vhc. Young’s Bilboen Harlee Quinn.
Apologies as there is no image of no. 3